We welcome your application for admission to Architecture. Please note the requirements listed below for eligibility in terms of your academic record and portfolio of work. Both your academic record and the full portfolio need to be submitted in order for your application to be reviewed.
Please note that the following are the minimum academic points that is necessary in order to be eligible to apply for a place in the Architecture programme:
- A total of 30 points – excluding Life Orientation
- Level 5 Mathematics – not Maths Literacy
- June results in grade 12 and as well as final Grade 11 results can be submitted. To note that if your application is conditionally approved it will only be confirmed upon receipt of final grade 12 results.
Dear Applicant We welcome your application for admission to the Bachelor of Architectural Studies degree at UKZN. Please note the portfolio requirements on the attached document. You are strongly advised to adhere to specifications as
The portfolio requirements include a drawing and a written component. Drawings to be done ONLY on A4 paper in pen or pencil – neatly held together in a folder or stapled together and placed in an envelope.
Submit your portfolio to:
Ms Nancy Winfred
Academic Admin Officer
031 260 2094
- Your CAO reference number or UKZN student number must be on all your documents – including your portfolio.
- Portfolios needs to include original hand drawn sketches – no computer drawings will be accepted.
- All portfolios must be submitted by the 31st of October. Late applicants will be placed on a waiting list.
- The completed Portfolio and Questionnaire should be forwarded to Mrs Winfred.
Miss Ranjinie Naicker
Teaching and Learning
Architecture and Housing
031 260 2693